The purpose of the ERA-EDTA Fellowship Programme is to support basic and clinical research in the field of Nephrology in Europe. In particular to favour the growth of young investigators, to spread specific clinical techniques of Nephrology to all the European Countries and to improve the clinical skills of young nephrologists.
In addition, the ERA-EDTA Fellowship Programme will facilitate scientific exchange and collaboration between European Research Institutions and clinical cooperation between European Renal Centres.
Starting from 2014 ERA-EDTA supports DIFFERENT KINDS OF FELLOWSHIPS:
RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS (which can be long or short term Fellowships, LTF/STF) intended for advanced training through research and/or promoting a research collaboration between two institutions. The duration of LTF must be more than 6 months (181 days) but no longer than 12 months. The STF duration is from a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 6 months (180 days). The evaluation Procedure is performed by the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) and approved by the ERA-EDTA Council.
NEW REGISTRY FELLOWSHIPS that can only be held at the ERA-EDTA Registry (AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands):
- RESEARCH REGISTRY FELLOWSHIPS (which can be ultra-short, USTF or short term Fellowships, STF) intended for supporting the Registry related activities of the association (e.g. ERA-EDTA Registry, ESPN/ERA-EDTA Registry, EURODOPPS). The duration of these USTF is from a minimum of 2 weeks to a maximum of 12 weeks. The duration of the STF is instead 6 months. The evaluation Procedure is performed by the Registry Fellowships Selection Committee, which consists of members of the ERA-EDTA Registry Staff and the ERA-EDTA Registry Committee as well as the SAB Chair, Co-Chair and Secretary-Coordinator and then approved by the ERA-EDTA Council.
- EDUCATIONAL REGISTRY FELLOWSHIPS (only short term Fellowships, STF), intended for training of renal Registry Staff. The duration of the short term fellowships is 6 months.
The evaluation Procedure is performed by the Registry Fellowships Selection Committee, which consists of members of the ERA-EDTA Registry Staff and the ERA-EDTA Registry Committee as well as the SAB Chair, Co-Chair and Secretary-Coordinator and then approved by the ERA-EDTA Council.
From 2006 till 2014, 81 STF and 88 LTF have been attributed and, starting from September 2009, the Programme is no more restricted to exchanges among different European Countries, but is also allowed within the same country; nevertheless, priority will be given to Fellowship exchanges among different countries.
The Fellowship Programme is open to all young investigators and clinicians living in the geographical Area of ERA-EDTA, including all European countries and countries bordering Europe and the Mediterranean Sea: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, FYRM of Macedonia, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo*, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/99 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.
The applicant can propose to have the fellowship in any centre within the ERA-EDTA geographical Area.
Moreover, in order to help the applicants to find a receiving centre, the Association invited Clinical and Research Centres within its geographical Area which are willing to receive a fellow to manifest their availability and created two lists. You may find the lists as well as all details concerning the Centres at the following links:
FELLOWSHIP CALLS and DEADLINE
In 2015, the deadlines will be:
December 1st, 2014 (opening) - February 1st, 2015 (first deadline)
This Call includes also the Registry Fellowships.
May 1st, 2015 (opening) - July 1st, 2015 (second deadline)
This Call does NOT include the Registry Fellowships.
The deadline can be changed by the ERA-EDTA Council in case of need.
If this happens, the new date will appear as soon as possible on the ERA-EDTA web-site.
For the complete instructions and rules please read the ERA-EDTA YOUNG FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME GENERAL RULES.
With regard to the Registry Fellowships please visit the ERA-EDTA Registry Official web-site and find further information within the “Registry Education – Fellowships” section.
To submit your fellowship request you must fill in the online form:
Fellowship Programme Online Application Form
Comment sent. Thank you for your cooperation.
Links and attachments
- End of Fellowship Report Form
- Fellowship Programme Winners - April 2009 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - September 2009 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - September 2010 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - March 2010 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - March 2011 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - September 2011 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - September 2012 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - March 2012 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - February 2013 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - July 2013 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - February 2014 Call
- Fellowship Programme Winners - July 2014 Call
- ERA-EDTA YOUNG FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME GENERAL RULES
- Fellowship Programme Online Application Form
- Clinical Centres List
- Research Cenrtres List
- Call for European Clinical Centers
- Call for European Research Centers
- Fellowship Programme Email contact